Here at The Morning Adam™ we do a number of things (in the morning) that put in a fix for a successful day.
Perhaps some of these would work for you too.
First, a great morning ritual:
- Get up when you’re done sleeping, not by an alarm clock. (A good night’s rest should get you there; design your life to make this possible. This helped us eat and sleep, and this helped with the brain stuff.)
- TAKE YOUR TIME with your morning “getting ready” ritual.
- Have a real breakfast. A REAL breakfast. If that’s a morning smoothie, take your time and enjoy it. Don’t gulp.
- Do a great meditation. A “3-3-3” does nicely for us.
- When you start your workday, accomplish something that makes you money BEFORE checking e-mail, voicemail, social media, etc. Chances are one of those things will try to ruin your day anyway; approaching it on a winning streak helps you overcome and triumph. Do something that’s quick and effective to set the tone and pace.
- Review and update your plan. We suggest having three plans – one for the week, one for the day, and then one for the next three hours, that you update for the next three hours.
Then, have a few affirmations and mantras ready. Say ’em early, say ’em late, say ’em when you need ’em.
You may have heard these, or adaptations of them:
- “Today is the last day of the way it used to be.”
- “Today is the first day of how things will be from now on.”
- “Show me better, show me more, show me more, show me better, now.” (credit to this guy)
- “I ALWAYS win. Either I earn, or I learn to earn.”
- “Up until now…”
- “Never let a good f&$&up go to waste.”
We may add more later.
But start here.