Hold your horses.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, small business is BIG:
* The 28 million small businesses in America account for 54% of all U.S. sales.
* Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs and 66% of all net new jobs since the 1970s.
* The 600,000 plus franchised small businesses in the U.S. account for 40% of all retail sales and provide jobs for some 8 million people.
* The small business sector in America occupies 30-50% of all commercial space, an estimated 20-34 billion square feet.
Furthermore, the small business sector is growing rapidly. While corporate America has been “downsizing”, the rate of small business “start-ups” has grown, and the rate for small business failures has declined.
* The number of small businesses in the United States has increased 49% since 1982.
* Since 1990, as big business eliminated 4 million jobs, small businesses added 8 million new jobs.
Yeah, those crazy entrepreneurs.